To create an inclusive work environment where everyone has equal opportunities to succeed.
The Women’s Network is a community of colleagues who advocate for and take action to improve gender balance and diversity at Cavendish Nuclear. We aim to empower and develop colleagues and be the ambassadors of change to create an inclusive work environment where everyone has equal opportunities to succeed.
Our objectives and activities are aligned to the Nuclear Sector Deal ambition to achieve 40% women in the nuclear industry by 2030.
- Work with the business to improve gender equity across the organisation
- Engage in dialogue and canvas support from allies of all genders
- Empower our people to do the right thing and challenge gender bias wherever they find it
- Provide a platform and opportunities for women in the business to succeed and reach their potential
- Ensure opportunities are visible and transparent to all
- Align attraction, retention, and STEM returner strategies to industry targets
- Support and promote the agile working culture
How are we achieving these objectives?
- Identifying actions that improve the lives of those coming into the business, as well as those already in the business
- Engaging with the Executive Board and identifying short term actions that will have a tangible effect, including:
- Reverse Mentoring
- Policy Enhancements
- Role Model Network
- Career Pathways Processes
- Creating an active community with a rich calendar of events, including regular meetings such as committee meetings, Tea & Ted talks, and lunch and learn sessions to discuss progress and ideas
- Working with other networks throughout the industry including the Babcock group to support a collaborative approach where ideas are shared
Why work for Cavendish Nuclear?
- Equal opportunity employer
- Competitive maternity policy
- Flexible and agile working arrangements – a healthy work-life balance for all
Inclusion and Diversity – Babcock International
Women in Nuclear UK | Encouraging women to pursue a career in nuclear (winuk.org.uk)
Create a culture of diversity and inclusion in your organisation – WISE (wisecampaign.org.uk)
Welcome to WES | Women’s Engineering Society
International Women’s Day 2022 (internationalwomensday.com)