Cavendish Nuclear consistently delivers successful projects. This is underpinned by our strong project management ethos and our suite of business and planning tools used to control and review the progress of work.
Our dedicated team of programme and project management professionals has a wealth of experience spanning the nuclear sector. We have the capability and credibility to manage the entire project lifecycle. We have a proven track record of successfully delivering large, complex projects, including new-builds, plant refurbishment and decommissioning. As an ISO9001 accredited business, Cavendish Nuclear operates in accordance with a controlled Management System.
Cavendish Nuclear is committed to continuous improvement. Consistency in delivery demands the same basic principles and practices are applied throughout the business and that projects are subject to appropriate governance. The application of a consistent project management and project controls process provides assurance to Cavendish Nuclear’s internal stakeholders, especially our customers, that our business is managed effectively.
Cavendish Nuclear delivers world class project performance through our highly competent professionals, working to standards aligned with international best practice.
- Sellafield Ltd
- Japan Nuclear Fuel Ltd (JNFL)
- International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA)
- Atomic Weapons Establishment (AWE)
- Magnox Ltd
- Nuclear Decommissioning Authority (NDA)
- EDF Energy
- Worldwide customers with Cavendish Nuclear supplied instrumentation
Cavendish Nuclear project managers bring leadership, discipline and enthusiasm to the delivery of successful projects.
Our competency standards have been developed from the International Project Management Association (IPMA) role definitions and are closely aligned with the Association for Project Management (APM) Body of Knowledge. The application of these standards ensures our people are suitably qualified and experienced for the roles they perform.
The Cavendish Nuclear management system is process-based and fully integrated with Safety, Health, Environment, Quality and Security requirements. It is designed to provide a unified, safe approach to all phases of the project lifecycle, in full compliance with current legislation, and to the complete satisfaction of our customers and stakeholders. Our management system meets the requirements of ISO 9001, ISO14001 and OHSAS 18001.
The management system is designed to enable and support the key business processes, which we excel at in order to meet and exceed our customer’s expectations.
Cavendish Nuclear exercises tight control on the definition and management of the overall project schedule and estimates. A fully resourced schedule is at the heart of our project controls system and forms the basis of our reporting system. We integrate each project Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) and Cost Breakdown Structure (CBS) into our management system. All reporting activities are directly related to the schedule and the associated operational activities, which provides a powerful management and reporting tool.
Through our robust and reliable schedules, actively managed through all stages of the project, Cavendish Nuclear is able to:
- Work collaboratively with Customers
- Provide transparent reporting
- Manage flow down of planning requirements to subcontractors
- Provide critical path analysis and near critical path analysis
- Perform scenario modelling using different assumptions on time and cost to provide options on likely outcomes.
- Utilise our suite of progress tracking tools, which track turnkey project progress from a technical and quality perspective.
Cavendish Nuclear delivers its Project Controls solutions through our people, our centralised financial data and management system, our collaborative working environment and an excellent understanding of our client’s needs. The synergies and benefits gained from aligning these parts combine to provide the platform for collecting project performance allowing informed, timely and targeted decision-making.
Our resources are agile and geographically cover many locations either in co-located teams or from regional offices. Cavendish Nuclear has access to a wide platform of project controls resources through the wider Babcock International Group by direct access to a mature supply chain on long term support arrangements. We are experienced in managing and controlling large, geographically-dispersed teams delivering in a consistent manner with relentless repeatability and consistency of approach.
Our Project Controls team are skilled in:
- Definition and control of the overall programme scope and schedule
- Functional leadership of project management to define an optimised approach
- Resource development (mentoring, coaching etc.)
- Programme gate processes
- Project risk management activity
- Project change control
- Lessons learned capture and dissemination
- Reporting at staff, executive management and Board level
- Development of integrated control processes and procedures
- Definition of overall programme controls strategy
- Capture of business user requirements
Cavendish Nuclear has a comprehensive risk management process based on collaborative working and reflects the principles of the NEC3 Early Warning process and best practice in terms of risk identification, assessment and onward active management.
- Provide an open risk reporting system
- Manage risk in a collaborative environment
- Allocate risk ownership
- Actively manage and report risk
- Govern risk management though a risk management board